ABOUT US: As Jewish Louisville continues to evolve, the Jewish Community of Louisville (“JCL”) (the Federation and J) is committed to meeting contemporary needs and reimagining Jewish community engagement. Investing in our future, we aspire for every child raised in Jewish Louisville to have a lifelong commitment to their Jewish identity and feel connected locally and to Israel. The JCL has prioritized engaging and nurturing relationships while creating opportunities for immersive Jewish experiences. The Senior Director of Jewish Journeys & Experiences will work to break down silos, build collaborations and challenge outdated assumptions.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Jewish Experiences will work with a
passionate team of JCL professionals to create strong pathways to Jewish experiences.
Responsibilities include advancing a culture that welcomes everyone into the Jewish Community at
The Senior Director of Jewish Journeys & Experiences will work with people at all life stages, with a strong focus on young families, children and teens. Young families are described as individuals or couples with a child or children under the age of 18. A core element of the position includes developing and implementing a new community wide incentive program (up to $10,000 per child) to dramatically grow participation in Jewish summer overnight camping and teen trips to Israel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise, manage, and build a team of professionals responsible but not limited to Shalom Baby, PJ Library, J-Play, Family Programming, Camp J, Teen Connection and BBYO including:
o Oversight of strategic plans for Jewish outreach and engagement.
o Vision, plan and implement Louisville’s reimagined summer camp and teen Israel initiative.
o Create a collaborative work group with communal partners also working with young families.
o Develop measurable pathways for participation and impact. Design intentional intersections and transitions in Jewish life.
o Provide learning opportunities for staff to Identify and cultivate personal relationships successfully guiding people on their Jewish journey.
o Ensure the planning and execution of programs in partnership with volunteers and other community organizations to achieve long-term objectives.
• Ensure cross-collaboration with professionals responsible for Birthright Israel and Young Adult programs to better leverage resources and talent in the organization.
• Expand connections with Louisville Jewish organizations for programming, recruitment and community-building.
• Work with the J summer camp to grow, guide and expand the new summer initiative to further collaborate with overnight camp partners.
• Ensure Israel is integrated into Young Family, Camp and Teen programming.
• Promote and facilitate Israel experiences for teens.
• Provide supervision to the Shalom Baby, Young Adult, PJ Library and Camp, J, Youth & Teen staff.
• Work with supervisees to ensure programs are properly planned and executed in partnership with volunteer leaders and are structured to achieve long-term objectives.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, either master's degree
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, either master’s degree preferred. 4-5 years of experience in a non-profit organization or equivalent. Management of diverse constituencies and knowledge of the Jewish community preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication abilities, knowledge and ability to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and other basic programs.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the President/CEO
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1