Founded in 1890, the Trager Family Jewish Community Center is a non-profit community service agency committed to enhancing the quality of family life and promoting physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides health related activities, cultural and educational programs that serve the entire community, including populations at risk. Membership and services at the J are offered to the entire community. The J offers sports and wellness, youth and camping, Jewish culture and performing arts, early childhood and senior programs and a community center open to all.
Job Skills / Requirements
Design, implement and lead activity plans for camp groups daily
- Specialists will be responsible for their 'specialty area' for the duration of the summer and will involve working with camp groups in grades K-8
- Successful specialty areas have included Visual Art, Music, Drama, Dance/Creative Movement, Science, Nature, Sports, Outdoor Skills, and STEM
- Specialists will see approximately five groups per day
Maintain a welcome and engaging 'activity space':
- Specialists will be responsible for beginning, explaining, leading, and wrapping up most activities
- Specialists should be successful at leading groups of children and efficiently managing their activity space
- Prior experience leading activities, coaching, or with classroom management preferred
Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship
Represent the camp when interacting with parents or community members
- Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their campers to have a successful camp experience
- Follow safety and security protocols when campers are in public while presenting a positive image of the camp
Other Job Duties:
- Provide supervision for campers while campers are transported to and from camp during scheduled field trips off camp property
- Assist in supervision and management of all-camp activities such as carpool, lunch, field days, etc.
- Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested
Other duties as assigned by Program Director, Assistant Camp Director(s) and Camp Director
Education Requirements (Any)
High school diploma. Experience working with children, grades K-8.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School diploma
Experience working with children, grades K-5
Additional Information / Benefits
Summer availability (May 31st - August 5th), full time and part time available, Monday - Friday 8:15am-4:30pm (some availability at 8:00am and until 5:30pm). Enjoy working with children ages 5-15, incredibly patient, energetic and active!
All current Camp Specialists will recieve a complimentary membership to Trager Family JCC's new facilities including outdoor/indoor pool, fitness area, and gym.
This job reports to the David Siskin
This is a Temporary / Seasonal position 1st Shift, Summers.
Number of Openings for this position: 10