Founded in 1890, the Trager Family Jewish Community Center is a non-profit community service agency committed to enhancing the quality of family life and promoting physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides health related activities, cultural and educational programs that serve the entire community, including populations at risk. Membership and services at the J are offered to the entire community. The J offers sports and wellness, youth and camping, Jewish culture and performing arts, early childhood and senior programs and a community center open to all.
Job Skills / Requirements
Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of after-school students in Club J and throughout other aspects of the program in order to meet the intended student outcomes
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with students through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth
- Assures students are properly supervised at all times
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines
Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for students within the mission and outcomes
- Responsible for leading or assisting with the teaching of activities
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned
- Provide for a progression of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities
- Assist in program areas such as pool, nature, homework room and all other Club J activities as directed
Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for students and staff
- Provide the daily care of each student within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs
- Be alert to students and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems; discuss with Club J Leadership Team when appropriate
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to Club J Leadership Team
Be a role model to students and staff in your attitude and behavior
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures
- Set a good example to students and others in regard to general Club J procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship
Represent Club J when interacting with parents or community members
- Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their students to have a successful after-school experience
- Follow safety and security protocols when students are in public while presenting a positive image of the program
- Stand for up to 45 minutes at a time
- Stand/swim in up to 4 feet of water to supervise campers
- Supervise students in a hot environment - up to 99 degree heat index
Other Job Duties:
- Provide supervision for students while students are transported to and from their school
- Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested
Other duties as assigned by Club J Leadership Team
Education Requirements (Any)
High School diploma
Experience working with children, grades K-5
Minimum 2 years of work-related experience.
Additional Information / Benefits
Monday - Friday 2:00pm-5:30pm. Enjoy working with children ages 5-10, incredibly patient, energetic and active!
All current Club J Counselors will recieve a complimentary membership to Trager Family JCC's new facilities including outdoor/indoor pool, fitness area, and gym.
This job reports to the David Siskin
This is a Temporary / Seasonal position 2nd Shift.