Park DuValle Community Health Center (PDCHC) is s center of excellence servicing Kentucky for over 50 years. We are recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home through the National Association of Quality Assurance. PDCHC has seven locations across Jefferson and Spencer County (including two school-based health centers). We are deeply committed to providing health, wellness and quality of life in the communities we serve by providing safe, high quality, accessible and affordable preventive and primary health care.
PDCHC offers, primary care for adults and children, women's health and behavioral health services, dental, WIC and Nutrition, insurance enrollment, lab, pharmacy and radiology services, transportation, exercise classes, and other enabling services.
Lab Manager is an appropriately certified senior lab medical technologist, who has a thorough knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Science, technical laboratory operations, testing algorithms and principles of quality management, including workplace physical and biochemical safety standards as well as principles of laboratory accreditation and certification by various regulatory agencies, including AABB, CLIA, CAP, FACHT, FDA, TJC, HCFA, and others. Lab Manager will conduct lab testing and oversee the adminitration of lab tests.
The responsibilities require strict adherence to HIPAA regulations due to requirements to access confidential patient medical records. Must have good communication skills and interact professionally with all co-workers, medical staff, patients, visitors and others. Must support and comply with the policies of the health care system laboratories and system hospitals.
• Educates lab staff into the principles and details of the lab QM program
• Ensure the lab produces sound policies (SOPs) that make up respective
• Ensure that all policies and procedures comply with all accrediting agency requirements and checklists. Accrediting agency standards that must be met include, but may not be limited to CAP, AABB, CLIA, FDA, TJC, and HCFA.
• Monitor and review laboratory errors which result in inaccurate, delayed, or missing results. Develops and maintains an error management program to monitor, review and reduce laboratory errors defined in the laboratory quality management plan. Requires timely detection, analysis, documentation and preventive countermeasures to reduce laboratory errors,
• Reports to Lab Director
• Monitors internal and external customer service data and trends. Provides direction to staff on issues that impact patient care, satisfaction, and customer service. Develops section strategies to improve customer service.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Doctoral Degree in Chemical, Physical, Biological or Clinical Laboratory Science
Certified by a board approved governing agency: ABB, ABCC, ABMLI, ABMM, NRCC
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Lab Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1