Job Skills / Requirements
Administrative duties include completing medication prior authorizations, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, managing medication sample closet and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by medical provider that includes giving Long Acting Injectables (LAI) to patients.
Competence in the field also requires that a Medical Assistant adhere to ethical and legal standards of professional practice, recognize, and respond to emergencies, and demonstrate professional characteristics.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Identify self as a Medical Assistant, verbally and by wearing name badge always while on duty.
- Under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed medical provider, a Medical Assistant may undertake the following clinical duties:
- Administer basic health care or medical treatments.
- Control prescription refills or authorizations.
- Dispose of biomedical waste in accordance with standards.
- Explain technical medical information to patients.
- Administer medications and give non-intravenous injections.
- Interview patients to gather medical information.
- Inventory medical supplies or equipment.
- Operate medical equipment.
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties.
- Prepare medical instruments or equipment for use.
- Prepare patient treatment areas for use.
- Prepare medical billing information as instructed.
- Record vital statistics or other health information.
- Schedule patient injections (LAI) and/or appointments.
- Clean equipment as needed.
- Document into the electronic medical record all interactions (related to patients in which medical intervention takes place.)
- Understand limitations of role as a Medical Assistant
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education requirement is high school diploma or GED.
- Must hold and maintain Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (CPR and AED) certification.
- Must hold and maintain Medical Assistant (MA) certification/registration, or any other equivalent or
- comparable medical/clinical certification, registration, or licensure. Certification, registration, or licensure must be provided through an accredited organization or appropriate licensing board
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Displays customer services skills, strong interpersonal skills, close attention to detail, and excellent
- verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a person of integrity and character, willing to embrace change and make a positive impact in the lives of patients and co-workers.
- Ability to work with staff members at all levels of the organization in a cooperative, team-oriented manner.
- Displays computer proficiency (i.e. PC windows and MS Office environment) and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Proficient in use of English language both in written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals of varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Displays ability of giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Must be able to accurately prioritize multiple tasks.
EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must exhibit stable work behaviors daily.
- Must possess adequate individual coping skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional regardless of workload or time constraints.
- Must be able to work under stress and remain calm and professional.
- Clinical back office environment
- Exposed to frequent and constant interruptions in daily functions/schedule.
- Must be available to customers and staff throughout the day.
- May be required to work extended hours to meet department needs.
Certification Requirements (Any)
Certified Medical Assistant
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan