Job Skills / Requirements
- Responsible for coordination and performance of nursing care, triage, nursing assessment and patient education. Facilitate the flow of patient care through the coordination of medication administration and medical procedures.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Assuming duties delegated by the Director of Nursing.
2. Administer procedures such as, EKGs, ear irrigation, wound care, staple removal, and other primary care medical procedures as ordered by the medical provider.
3. Administering PO and IM medications as ordered by physician.
4. Evaluating patients and administering nursing care as indicated with respect for the patient’s personal needs and preferences.
5. Documenting pertinent information on patient’s medical record in accordance with Center and Kentucky Board of Nursing requirements.
6. Transcribing physician’s orders as needed.
7. Triaging patients according to Center guidelines.
8. Maintaining patient confidentiality.
9. Maintain the highest degree of standards in treating patients through treatment nurse activities
10. May be required to work rotating shifts and weekend.
11. May be reassigned to other nursing units for staff relief in accordance with nursing department needs.
- Informational: Knowledge of nursing functions and best practices; of the Center’s programs and staff; of professional expectations and standards; of specific area practices of assigned responsibility.
- Interpersonal: Capable of teamwork and cooperation; of responding to patients’ needs; of empathy; of handling stress; of asking questions; of a sense of humor.
- Intellectual: Able to follow directions and ask questions for clarification when needed; to interpret patient data and records; to use information from a variety of resources; to respond professionally to non-routine situations; to utilize new learning and initiate self-study when warranted.
Education Requirements (Any)
Graduate from a nursing program having obtained license as a LPN
Certification Requirements (Any)
Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
Graduate of accreditated school of nursing
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Director of Nursing
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1