Assistant Revenue Cycle Manager
Louisville, KY, United States of America
Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
- Responsible for assisting The Revenue Cycle Manager with all aspects of the billing, medical records, and registration departments.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Finance Department to obtain receivables and organize distribution of payments for posting.
- Work with payment posting team to locate remittance advices, recoupment data and any other issues that may arise.
- Reconcile payments once posted to ensure posting accuracy and completion and report back to the Finance Department.
- Identify overpayments and work with the insurance follow-up team to resolve.
- Initiate refund request where applicable
- Monitor Unassigned payments and distribute to payment posting team.
- Monitor and maintain insurance refund request log.
- Assist with department related issues as they are identified.
- Review third party vendor reports that identify insurance coverage and distribute to team members accordingly for insurance claim resubmission.
- Able to prepare & submit clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Work with the Allscripts Practice Management system.
- Prepare reports for management as needed.
- Speak with patients by telephone in order to successfully resolve account issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with HIPPA law.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-management skills in fulfilling job duties.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Reviews and extracts information from encounter forms, ancillary service reports and other documentation of services rendered.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Conducts self in accordance with PDCHC’s employee manual and holds other team members accountable when they do not.
- Manages and reconciles pharmacy payments on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Informational: Knowledge of Practice Management computer system used by PDCHC; of PDCHC patient policies; of PDCHC staff and referral options; of encounter forms; of medical billing/collection practices, computer programs, business office procedures, and basic medical coding and third –party operating procedures and practices. Familiarity with ICD 10-CM, CPT AND CDT coding.
- Interpersonal: Presents as a leader at all times setting an example for all employees of PDCHC. Capable of communicating with patients, insurers and all members of the PDCHC staff to include leaders; of dealing with difficult people; of explaining registration, appointment, transportation and billing policies and procedures; of answering questions; of maintaining a sense of humor; of putting people at ease; of working as a member of a TEAM; of knowing when to call in the manager; of working with people who have limited English; of verifying information by asking questions; of being polite and professional.
- Intellectual: Able to problem solve, e.g., dealing with non-routine situations; to set priorities when things get busy; to multitask, e.g., working with patients and answering the phone; to maintain confidentiality; to fill-in for others when they are absent; to redirect phone callers to proper destinations.
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1