Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
Energetic physician leader with an interest in clinical quality improvement and health disparities. Knowledge of clinical quality measures, PCMH, and FQHCs. Physician leader over medical, dental, and behavioral health providers.
- Responsible for managing and directing the work of physicians and other medical and dental staff in the delivery of quality care to patients of the Park DuValle Community Health Center. Maintains and assures high quality of care delivered to patients of the Health Center. Coordinates work of physicians and mid-level providers and works closely with medical and dental staff. In conjunction with other management staff evaluates the effectiveness of the Center’s health care delivery program.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Staffing the Health Care Committee of the Board of Directors
- Provides credentialing and privileging information for Board approval at initial appointment and bi-annual reappointment of LIP
- Conducts scheduling, counseling, disciplining and periodic performance review of provider and allied health supervisory staff, in order to maintain the highest possible provider productivity, quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Evaluates of providers via peer review and chart audit, at least annually.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring the Center’s annual Health Care Plan including required federal Clinical Performance Measures and QI/QA Plan
- Employing a life cycle approach in the structure of the care delivery system.
- Maintaining the Center’s ability to admit and follow patients who require hospitalization.
- On at least an annual basis, in conjunction with other appropriate staff, reviews and updates the clinical policies and procedures.
- Maintaining compliance with standards of care established by accrediting organizations, Federal authorities, State licensure and reimbursement agencies and the Center’s Quality Assurance Program and participation in related operational site visits
- Recruiting, training and retaining high quality clinical staff
- Maintaining clinical staff compensation at a level to attract competent staff and provide necessary incentive to achieve Center goals.
- Serving on various Center clinical committees to provide direction and leadership within the scope of the Center’s mission.
- Maintaining clinical staff compensation at a level to attract competent staff and provide necessary incentive to achieve Center goals..
- Serves as Clinical liaison to the Management Information Systems (EHR/PMS/EDR, etc.) representing clinical providers and allied health staff. Assists with staff training and implementation strategies for use of information systems including requirements for Meaningful Use, Population Health Management, PCMH data collection and various clinical performance measures
- Representing the Center in relationships and linkages with other facilities and agencies as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Participating in Federal, local, State and National seminars, conferences, workshops, etc., that are designed to train and update Medical Directors.
- Communicating regularly with the Chief Executive Officer on matters related to Center policy and administrative matters.
- Collaborating with Division Directors to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems, and new approaches for greater effectiveness and efficiency in serving patients.
- Maintains acceptable productivity as a physician care provider.
- Five (5) Years in Health Care Administration with Major Responsibility FQHC experience preferred
- Five years of post-residency experience, two years of administrative/supervisory experience
- M.D. Licensed in Commonwealth of Kentucky (Family Medicine or Med/Peds preferred)
- Professional Continuing Education
- Regular Participation in Professional Seminars, Workshops and Conferences Training in EHR/PM systems
Additional Requirements: None
Education Requirements (Any)
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine and Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics (Med/Peds) or Family Medicine
Additional Information / Benefits
Opportunity for loan reimbursement via National Health Service Corp.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1