Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
- To perform only dental procedures designated by the Dental Practice Act (laws) of the Commonwealth of Kentucky under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Takes direct instructions from the supervising dentist regarding patient care and
- Prepares patients for treatment, takes and records patients' vital signs and assists dentists in examining and treating
- Screens patients for program eligibility and maintains records.
- Takes and pours impressions for study models.
- Mixes cements, amalgams and composites in correct proportion for placement, temporary restorations, remove coronal surface cement, clean suction
- Identifies and arranges dental instruments, materials and keeps oral cavity clear during dental procedures with use of suction devices, air water sprays, cotton products and by tongue and cheek retraction, removes
- Applies anesthetics and fluoride
- Performs work-related duties: answers telephones, schedules patients, provides information.
- Cleans and maintains rooms during and after patient use
- Must maintain patient confidentiality
Education Requirements (Any)
Formally educated EDDA with certificate and certificate in radiation safety (KY State required)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Dentist
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1