Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
The Desk Nurse is a Registered Nurse that will assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management. Provide support to providers and other nursing staff in a clinical setting. The RN is responsible for all desk related duties, completing documentation for patients, contacting patients, providing patient support, and completing reports.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Perform selected nursing and administrative duties and assist physicians as required
- Maintaining accurate, complete healthcare records and reports
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical test
- Preparing and completing patient requested documentation such as but not limited to FMLA, Disability, TARC3, etc.
- Assist with scheduling test and treatments for patients
- Processing referrals to other providers
- Creates, maintains, copies, and files patient files, records and other information as needed
- Assist patients with utilization of the patient portal
- Providing prompt and professional customer service in person and over the phone
- Completing task assigned by providers
- Ability to maintain records and record test results
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, co-workers, and the public
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Performs other related work as required
- Registered Nurse license in state of Kentucky
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Clinical nursing experience
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Be adaptable and handle change with flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience on HER
- General computer skills
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Chief Operating Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 6