Provides outpatient psychological services through comprehensive evaluation, use of established measures and assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, medication management, consultation, counseling, and treatment of assigned patients. Responsible for provision and coordination of behavioral health services with emphasis on integration with Center primary health care services.
Job Skills / Requirements
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Analyzes client data and test findings in the diagnosis of mental health disorders of assigned clients in consultation with psychiatrist or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Gathers and maintains client information and records, including social, medical, and substance use history obtained from clients, relatives and significant others, and other sources including previous psychological assessments.
- Collaborates with physicians, Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Psychotherapist, and Licensed Clinical Social Worker, to develop individual treatment plan with goals and interventions based upon initial and on-going assessment, and individual member needs.
- Reviews/revises treatment plans, medication management, ensures member is engaged in process at least quarterly, and provides ongoing implementation of plan
- Provide mental health and substance abuse assessments to patients.
- Provides regular outpatient individual therapy dependent upon caseload size and based upon PDCHC policy and procedure
- Work with case managers to assist clients in achieving treatment plan goals.
- Work with multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide integrated care.
- Attend necessary staff trainings and team meetings; participate in community activities and meetings as necessary.
- Participates in quality improvement and other activities as designated by program leadership
- Current and valid board certification in psychiatry
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and completion of an approved psychiatric residency
- Licensed to practice medicine in State of Kentucky
- Current DEA registration
- Strong knowledge of general psychiatric principles and practices
Education Requirements (Any)
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine, MD or DO
Certification Requirements (Any)
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine
Current Medical Licensure in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (Med/Peds)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Chief Medical Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1