Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that patients have appointments and are properly sign in.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Completing patient Encounter forms and related documents.
- Completing patient lab documents.
- Transmitting documents to Triage Nurse.
- Completing phone calls, e.g., patient appointments, inquiries.
- Completing triage notes for physician.
- Retrieving fax documents and delivering them to destination.
- Completing end of day report and transmitting to data entry.
- Informational: Knowledge of patient registration procedures; of patient scheduling process; of PDCHC computer system; of PDCHC staff members; of patient files; of select report formats.
- Interpersonal: Capable of teamwork; of asking questions; of explaining registration procedures; of working with patients with limited English; of assessing a patient’s need for assistance; of keeping calm and of putting patients as ease; of listening.
- Intellectual: Able to focus on priorities; to use the supervisor; to adapt to situations when there are interruptions; to problem solve.
Principal Contacts: Patients, Coworkers, Supervisor, Triage Nurse
Meetings: Monthly staff meetings
Reports: Daily Activity Report
- Education: High School Graduate
Graduate of Medical Assisting Program
Professional: As Needed
- Physical/Environmental: None
Additional Requirements: None
Education Requirements (Any)
High school graduate or Equivalent (GED)
Graduate of clinical training program as Medical Assistant.
Certification Requirements (Any)
Certified Medical Assistant
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Director of Nursing
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1