Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible to oversee all task assigned to the Revenue Cycle Department staff. The Revenue Cycle Manager’s responsibilities include identifying patient reimbursement issues, ensuring that claims, denials, and appeals are efficiently processed, and resolving billing-related issues. Responsible for coding diagnoses and procedures correctly and manage both staff and patient complaints.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Supervising the Revenue Cycle Department in various duties, such as account management, communications with insurance providers, collections, cash posting, contact analysis, and billing
- Managing staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, and one-on-one meetings
- Overseeing the hiring and training of staff
- Efficiently management patient complaints in respect of billing and collections
- Planning and structuring the department workflow and staffing
- Correctly coding diagnosis and procedures
- Works closely with executive leadership regarding Management Revenue Cycle best practices and payer contracting
- 5 year’s experience in claims billing, claims reconciliations, denial management in a FQHC, Medical Office, Hospital, and/or Behavioral Health Organization
- Certified Coder
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications as well as medical office software
- Proficient in Excel and ability to create reports
- Proven experience in healthcare billing
- Strong Managerial and people skills
- Sound knowledge of fundamental accounting terminology
- Sound knowledge of health insurance providers
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Informational: Knowledge of Practice Management computer system used by PDCHC; of PDCHC patient policies; of PDCHC staff and referral options; of encounter forms Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices, computer programs, business office procedures, and basic medical coding and third –party operating procedures and practices. Familiarity with ICD 10-CM, CPT AND CDT coding
- Interpersonal: Capable of communicating with patients, insurers and members of the PDCHC staff; of dealing with difficult people; of explaining registration, appointment, transportation and billing policies and procedures; of answering questions; of maintaining a sense of humor; of putting people at ease; of knowing when to call in the supervisor; of working with people who have limited English; of verifying information by asking questions; of being polite and professional.
- Intellectual: Able to problem solve, e.g., dealing with non-routine situations; to set priorities when things get busy; to multitask, e.g., working with patients and answering the phone; to maintain confidentiality; to continue registration when the computer systems goes down; to fill-in for others when they are absent; to redirect phone callers to proper destinations.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the Chief Financial Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1