Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for a variety of tasks involving patient prescriptions and their accurate processing in a digital and manual enviroment.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Helps health care providers and patients in person and by phone; answering questions and requests, referring inquiries to pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level , anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipts, removing outdated drugs.
- Prepares medication orders for pharmacist to dispense by reading prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, counting and filling medication orders appropriately.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains records by recording and filing providers' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to health center departments
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years in a pharmacy envirnment
- Must be a a Registered Pharmacy Technician in Commonwealth of Kentucky
Certification Requirements (Any)
Registered Pharmacy Technician
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Chief Pharmacist
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2