Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will focus its activities on educating consumers about the Marketplace and insurance affordability programs such as Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program. This role will motivate community members to make decisions on obtaining health care coverage that best fits their needs with guidance and information provided. This position will work collaboratively with other organizations to complete the selection and enrollment process within the state approved systems.
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will work to provide outreach opportunities within the community to those who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local other organizations.
- Provide assistance to qualified clients for enrollment into Medicaid and the Health Insurance Marketplace. Ensuring applications are completed accurately and submitted in a fair, accurate and impartial manner.
- Serve as a central resource for community questions and referrals for both consumers and providers. Building relationships with community resources, public health, schools, churches, and other social service organizations to identify, refer and develop resources that remove consumer barriers to accessing needed health and social services.
- Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
- Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
- Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote coverage options and the mission and services of the organization.
- Engage community through both individual and group activities to ensure education on the exchange and insurance affordability programs is reaching the targeted market.
- Coordinate with community partners for outreach to ensure eligible families are offered application assistance.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Introduce exchange and insurance affordability programs to encourage participation to community members at large.
- Maintain state prescribe training requirements for a Certified Application Assister.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and Privacy Act when collecting or releasing patient information.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Any)
High school graduate or Equivalent (GED)
Additional Information / Benefits
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with rotating Tuesday late clinic until 8pm and Saturdays 9-4
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Outreach Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1