Park DuValle Community Health Centers is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 53 years. Park DuValle Community Health Centers strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
Job Skills / Requirements
Experienced FNP excited to work in a fast paced environment providing care to patients with same day appointments (urgent and routine in nature). Provide specialized nursing services in the area that includes adult primary care from age 19; considerable medical judgment is required to determine the appropriate procedure within scope of practice. Requires an advanced level of competency in nursing through additional education or training as well as a Nurse Practitioner's license and prescriptive privileges. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer who reviews work routinely.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- To provide medical care according to the statutes of the Commonwealth, under the preceptorship of the Chief Medical Officer, and the policies of the Health Center.
- Complete understanding of patient rights and an absolute commitment to the maintenance of confidentiality of all medical information concerning patients.
- Obtains and records client's health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment (including biological, social and psychological needs) as part of a total physical examination.
- Diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate health care for clients in adult medicine and primary care as appropriate; refers clients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required.
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty.
- Performs laboratory procedures and interprets lab test results.
- Provides case management services for select clients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all patients treated, using the problem oriented medical record technique, where applicable, and the diagnostic problem list in electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Attend Continuing Education courses.
- Participate in Quality Assurance program of the Center.
- Informational: Thorough knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; medical and lab equipment and testing procedures; medication. Considerable knowledge of interviewing and counseling techniques. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interpersonal: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to work independently; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; deal tactfully and patiently with clients; establish and maintain records, reports and statistical data; use initiative and judgment; maintain effective working relationships with other related agencies; professionals and citizen groups; perform and record total physical examination.
- Intellectual: Able to problem solve; to address patient and family questions to interpret patient information and facilitate access to needed internal and external resources. Skill in diagnostic procedures for diseases and the therapy needed for treatment of these medical conditions.
Education Requirements (Any)
APRN Kentucky License
3+ Years Clinical Experience
MSN as Family Nurse Practitioner.
Certified Nurse Practitioner
Certification Requirements (All)
Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Chief Medical Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 3