Park DuValle Community Health Centers is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 53 years. Park DuValle Community Health Centers strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
Job Skills / Requirements
The WIC (Women, Infant, and Children) Nutritionist provides nutrition education for the WIC program by determining nutrition risks and certifying participants for the program. The WIC Nutritionist sets goals for behavior change pertaining to nutrition and breastfeeding, prescribes supplemental foods, and develops and distributes nutrition education materials.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Conduct nutrition assessments to determine program eligibility based on nutritional risk and according to State and Federal regulations.
- Assess diet, history, and identify risk factors for pregnant women, postpartum women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 years.
- Provide nutrition education to all eligible participants at certification and individual follow up visits.
- Provide breastfeeding education when applicable and conduct breastfeeding promotion and support activities.
- Assist participants in setting goals for behavior change relevant to nutrition risks.
- Prescribe food package taking into consideration nutrition risks.
- Provide and document referrals to health and social services.
- Develop nutrition education materials and participate in community outreach activities
- Demonstrate competency in serving patients of various age groups, cultures, and socioeconomic statuses.
- Participate in trainings and professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
Graduate from a nursing program having obtained license as a LPN
Associate's degree in nursing
Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition
Nursing Degree (LPN)
Two year degree in related field
Certification Requirements (All)
Additional Information / Benefits
- Informational: Possess excellent verbal and written communication, typing and computer skills. Ability to multi-task expertly. Knowledge of WIC Program and requirements for client participation; of the filing system; of the WIC appointment system; of PDCHC staff and office locations; of WIC program policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal: Ability to interact with individuals of varying backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses; Strong communication skills required; Capable of being polite and civil with clients; of a sense of humor; of empathy; of putting clients at ease; of being assertive; of calming a stressful situation; of being flexible.
- Intellectual: Ability to tailor nutrition education based on individual need; problem solve and maintain professional demeanor; to fit walk-ins into the schedule; to address clients’ questions; to interpret WIC policies; to interpret clients’ information.
Dietitian (RD/LD), Nutritionist (Bachelor’s degree),
Certified Nutritionist (Master’s degree and certification by State Board of Certification and Licensure),
Nurse (RN, LPN)
Physician’s Assistant (certified by the National Committee on Certification of Physician’s Assistants or certified by the State medical certifying authority).
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the WIC/Nutrition Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 2