Park DuValle Community Health Centers is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 53 years. Park DuValle Community Health Centers strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
Job Skills / Requirements
- Responsible for registering patients into PDCHC system to be seen by provider.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Greeting new and returning patients seeking services professionally with a positive attitude.
- Checking patient identification information.
- Entering patient information into the system.
- Scheduling patients for appointments
- Referring patients to cashiers for repayment plan arrangements.
- Verifying patient identification information and updating as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Informational: Knowledge of the PDCHC system; of the registration process; of patient repayment plans and requirements; of PDCHC policies and procedures; of PDCHC staff, structure and programs; of data entry techniques; of patient codes; of interpreter resources and access process.
- Interpersonal: Capable of asking question; of being civil; of handling stress and of being a calming influence; of being direct and of explaining registration requirements to patients; of using the supervisor; of making referrals to the supervisor, security and cashiers; of maintaining confidentiality.
- Intellectual: Able to cope with computer-related issues and move to using hard copies when necessary; to be flexible when faced with loss of electricity or other disturbances; to maintain routines and adapt as needed; to know when to consult with the supervisor; to handle money and be accountable at the close of the day; to fill-in for others in the registration area when needed.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years customer service experience
- Previous Healthcare experience (preferred)
Education Requirements (Any)
High school graduate or Equivalent (GED) and completion of a medical coding certificate program
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 3