Park DuValle Community Health Centers is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 53 years. Park DuValle Community Health Centers strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
MISSION STATEMENT: Park DuValle Community Health Center is deeply committed to improving health, wellness and the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing safe, high quality, accessible and affordable preventive and primary health care.
VALUES: Our values are demonstrated by our teamwork, honesty, reliability, productivity, and commitment to a competent and diverse staff. Delivery of services is based on compassion, confidentiality, cultural sensitivity, non-discrimination, continuous quality improvement, and responsible use of available resources.
Job Skills / Requirements
Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting Providers and in providing care to their patients. Duties include:
- Recording and updating medical history and contact information
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Performing standard care procedures; like checking vitals or collecting lab samples.
** MUST have a desire & passion to motivate & encourage youth & young adults**
Primary Position Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Greeting students/ patients professionally & with a positive attitude
- Assisting providers with sports physicals
- Immunizations documentation & record keeping
- Filing patient medical records
- Filling out insurance forms
- Handling correspondence
- Scheduling appointments
- (LABS) Venipuncture and finger sticks.
- Obtaining weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature and making notes on chart as well as plotting height and weight on growth chart.
- Escorting patient to examination room and noting the chief complaint.
- Assisting the provider during the examination as needed.
- Cleaning/Sanitazing/Disinfecting rooms following the patient’s exit.
- Performing EKGs.
- Following prescribed OSHA precautions.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Ensuring that the consulting and examinations rooms are clean.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Informational: Knowledge of standard patient registration procedures; of insurance forms; of medical terminology; of how to perform initial patient intake functions and recording data in records and charts; of the Center’s computer system; of the Center’s programs and staff.
- Interpersonal: Capable of phone and customer service courtesy; of explaining registration and insurance forms; of answering questions and being professional; of helping patients to feel at ease; of teamwork with coworkers and providers.
- Intellectual: Able to handle non-routine situations; to involve the supervisor when needed; to ask question for clarification; to anticipate when the provider needs/ will need assistance.
Education Requirements (Any)
3+ Years Clinical Experience
Graduate of clinical training program as Medical Assistant.
Certification Requirements (All)
Certified Medical Assistant
Additional Information / Benefits
Full-Time 7:00AM to 3:30PM during JCPS scheduled days.
An alternate schedule will be provided on JCPS scheduled off days.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Director of Nursing
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1