Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for providing care to HIV/AIDS clients by assessing client's health status, conducting physical examinations and evaluations, providing treatment and prescribing medications, recommending follow-up care, and making referrals to appropriate health professionals. Assures that HIV/AIDS infected individuals receive the highest quality of case-managed care throughout all areas of the Park DuValle Community Health Center. Considerable medical judgment is required to determine the appropriate procedures within the scope of practice. The Nurse Practitioner requires an advanced level of competency in nursing through additional education or training as well as a Nurse Practitioner's license and prescriptive privileges. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer who reviews work routinely.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive clinical case management services to HIV/AIDS clients.
- Obtains and records client's health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment (including biological, social and psychological needs) as part of a total physical examination.
- Diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate health care for HIVAIDS clients; refers clients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required.
- Prescribes medications and makes referrals to appropriate health professionals.
- Performs laboratory procedures, interprets lab test results and follow-up on abnormal reports.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all patients treated, using the problem oriented medical record technique, where applicable, and the diagnostic problem list in electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Attends continuing education courses.
- Participates in quality assurance programs.
Additional experience required:
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues, treatments and services.
- Experience with caring for HIV/AIDS clients.
- Excellent oral, writing and computer skills.
Education Requirements (Any)
Successful completion of an accredited program in advanced nursing practice; BSN/MSN
Certification Requirements (Any)
Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
HIV Counseling Certification
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO)
This job reports to the CMO, CEO
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends, Tuesday evening clinic.
Number of Openings for this position: 1