Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Licensed Vocational Nurse at Park DuValle Community Health Center is responsible for, providing basic medical attention to patients, and assessing their wellbeing as part of a larger medical team. Duties include, but arent limited to: checking vital signs, recording a patient’s medical history, COVID vaccines, and some patient education.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Administering COVID-19 Vaccinations & Offering Patient information
- Administering PO and IM medications as ordered by providers.
- Evaluating patients and administering nursing care as indicated with respect for the patient’s personal needs and preferences.
- Documenting pertinent information on patient’s electronic medical record in accordance with Center and Kentucky Board of Nursing requirements.
- Transcribing provider orders as needed.
- Triaging patients according to Center guidelines.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
- May be reassigned to other nursing units for staff relief in accordance with nursing department needs.
- Other Nursing duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management and organization
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and move patients in needed
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Extensive knowledge of basic health care procedures
- Knowledge in measuring and administering medication
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
Education Requirements (Any)
Graduate from a nursing program having obtained license as a LPN
Certification Requirements (Any)
Licensed Practical Nurse
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Bi-Weekly Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
This job reports to the Director of Nursing
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1