Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for assessment, planning and implementing care strategies that are individualized by each client. Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, community supportive services and assist in managing the established care plan. Act in a liaison role with community organizations/members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to address social determinants of health such as transportation, housing, and food access.
- Works with multi-disciplinary healthcare teams to perform non-clinical assessments of client and family needs and socioeconomic barriers.
- Develops and implements care strategies including education about services and resources.
- Assists clients and their families in a variety of settings (e.g., clinic, community, or home setting) to ensure the maintenance of appointments and address barriers to care.
- Serves as an advocate for clients and collaborates with healthcare providers to ensure quality care coordination.
- Documents and maintains client assessments, care plans and referrals provided.
- Monitors client compliance with their care plan and provides motivational interviewing to support medication and treatment adherence.
- Supports client’s self-management through the provision of culturally appropriate health education and health coaching.
- Attends community events to connect with clients and provide clients education on case management services.
- Participate in continuing education programs, in-service education programs, and peer support system with other Community Health Workers.
- Adheres to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional education/experience requirements:
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted (Associate’s degree and 2+ years of experience; Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of experience)
Education Requirements (Any)
High school diploma/GED and 4+ years of community, public health, case management or social service experience
Certification Requirements (Any)
Certified CHW or completion of CHW within six months of hire
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off and Retirement Savings Plan
This job reports to the Outreach Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 2