Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for specialized nursing services to children and adolescent patients from birth up to age 21. Conducts diagnosis of illnesses, interprets test results, prescribes medication, and treats of common pediatric illnesses, including acute and chronic conditions. Evaluates childhood growth patterns and provides patient and family education about specific conditions related to childhood development.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provides medical care and creates patient care plans according to the statutes of the Commonwealth, under the preceptorship of the Chief Medical Officer, and the policies of the Center.
- Completes understanding of patient rights and an absolute commitment to the maintenance of confidentiality of all medical information concerning patients.
- Obtains and records client's health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment (including biological, social, and psychological needs) as part of a total physical examination.
- Diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate health care for clients in pediatrics as appropriate for specialists; refers clients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required.
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty.
- Performs and orders laboratory procedures or diagnostic tests and interprets procedures and/or lab test results.
- Provides case management services for select clients.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all patients treated, using the problem oriented medical record technique, where applicable, and the diagnostic problem list in electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Attends continuing education courses and agency meetings & trainings.
- Participates in quality assurance activities of the Center.
- Ensures compliance with privacy laws and other medical regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Any)
Master degree in nursing; Completion of a Nurse Practitioner's Program
Certification Requirements (Any)
Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO)
This job reports to the Director of Clinical Operations
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends, On-call schedule; Tuesday Evening clinic; Saturday clinic.
Number of Openings for this position: 1