Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
Under general supervision, responsibilities include assisting with timely and accurate preparation of payroll, including wages, withholding, and garnishments. Assists with new hire set up and monitors time cards including time off & leave balances. Monitors employee benefits (healthcare, dental, and ancillary benefits) from initial elections to the reconciliation of benefit payroll deductions. Assists in maintaining accurate set up and tax filings federally as well as in multiple states and jurisdictions.
- Assist with new hire payroll set up and the overall maintanence of employee records in the HRIS system.
- Performs accurate HRIS data entry to ensure the integrity of payroll data, including data & documentation related to new hires, terminations, and rate changes.
- Verifies time cards weekly to ensure work hours, breaks, time off requests and other leaves are recorded on a timely basis.
- Assists with payroll processing bi-weekly including wage and overtime payments, calculations and recording of payroll deductions, and requests for payroll changes.
- Works closely with employees and supervisors to ensure proper cut-off dates are met and employees adhere to their weekly reporting schedules.
- Reviews payroll before final submission to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in the orientation and training of employees and supervisors on the use of the HRIS system.
- Performs data entry and service for claims, benefits, retirement plans, billing and enrollment including any COBRA participants.
- Monitors ACA monthly reports and assists in the preparation of year end reports or forms (1095-C).
- Generates and verifies payroll reports out of the HRIS system.
- Assists in the reconciliation of quarter-end and year-end reports and helps to verify W-2 forms.
- Set up all elected and mandatory payroll deductions including taxes, child support orders, insurances and garnishments.
- Serves as support for other Human Resources functions.
Additional minimum requirements:
Education and experience equivalents
Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in HR Management and one year of experience OR Associate's degree + 4 years of experience OR high school diploma/GED + 5 years of payroll and benefit experience will be considered.
Education Requirements (Any)
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in HR Management
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off
This job reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1