Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
PDCHC offers primary care for adults and children, women's health, behavioral health services, dental, WIC and Nutrition, insurance enrollment, lab, pharmacy and radiology services, transportation, exercise classes, and other enabling services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Responsible for providing dental care according to the statutes of the Commonwealth and the policies of the Park Duvalle Community Health Center. Performs preventative and comprehensive dentistry and educates the patient in proper tooth and periodontal care. Recommends orthodontics or oral surgery to correct any malformations. The patient population includes pediatric and adult patients.
Duties include but are not limited to: examining and treating diseases and injuries of teeth and gums.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provide oral health evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date dental records of all patients treated, using appropriate dental record techniques.
- Document all services in the Electronic Health Record and/or other systems promptly.
- Maintains professional continuing education as required by Board of Dentistry and State Dental Practice laws
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of patient rights and commitment to the maintenance of confidentiality of all dental information concerning patients.
- Supervise Dental Hygienist/ Dental Assistants/ EDDA
- Participates in Quality Assurance program.
- Maintains a minimum of 2,300 encounters annually.
Requirments & Skills
Doctoral degree, D.D. S. or D.M.D.
Active dental license for the State of Kentucky
Excellent communication skills
Up-to-date knowledge of regulations, methods, trends, and equipment
Comfort working with diverse cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles, and experiences.
Working knowledge and comfort with electronic dental record software, Microsoft Office software, etc.
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education Requirements (Any)
Graduate of accredited School of Dentistry
Certification Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Bi-weekly PTO accrual
This job reports to the Director of Clinical Operations
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 3