Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including staff recruitment & onboarding, benefits, leave of absences, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Assists in the full cycle recruitment process (posting jobs, interviewing, and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings).
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications and implements new hire orientation.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required AND at least three years of human resource management experience
- OR Master's degree AND at least one year of human resource experience
- OR Associate's degree AND at least five years of human resource management experience
- OR seven years of related experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Education Requirements (Any)
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in HR Management
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Retirement Savings Plan
This job reports to the Chief HR Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1