Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Job Skills / Requirements
- To perform only dental procedures designated by the Dental Practice Act (laws) of the Commonwealth of Kentucky under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Takes direct instructions from the supervising dentist regarding patient care and
- Prepares patients for treatment, takes and records patients' vital signs and assists dentists in examining and treating
- Screens patients for program eligibility and maintains records.
- Takes and pours impressions for study models.
- Mixes cements, amalgams and composites in correct proportion for placement, temporary restorations, remove coronal surface cement, clean suction
- Identifies and arranges dental instruments, materials and keeps oral cavity clear during dental procedures with use of suction devices, air water sprays, cotton products and by tongue and cheek retraction, removes
- Applies anesthetics and fluoride
- Performs work-related duties: answers telephones, schedules patients, provides information.
- Cleans and maintains rooms during and after patient use
- Must maintain patient confidentiality
- Informational: Knowledge of the field and practice of dentistry in community health center settings; of dental health care delivery mechanisms, strategies, standards and goals; of trends, issues, laws and regulations associated with the delivery of primary dental health care.
- Interpersonal: Capable of being a member of a clinical staff; of working with a variety of patients, staff members and clinical dentists; Must be a team player
Principal Contacts: Clinical Dentists, Patients, Clinical/Departmental Staff
Meetings: Dental Staff Meetings; Center-wide Staff Meetings
Reports: Patient History, Progress Notes
- Education: High School Graduate or GED + graduate of accredited dental assistant or EDDA program
- Certification: DA or EDDA with certificate + certificate in radiation safety (KY State required) + current CPR certification
- Physical/Environmental: Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE)/universal precautions attire as mandated by OSHA
Additional Requirements: Computer Literacy and ability to use Dental Electronic Health Records Systems / Coronal Polishing (Recommended)
Education Requirements (Any)
Knowledge of Dental Terminology
Graduate of accredited dental assistant program
High school graduate or Equivalent (GED) and completion of a medical coding certificate program
Formally educated EDDA with certificate and certificate in radiation safety (KY State required)
Certification Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO)
This job reports to the Dental Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2