Park DuValle Community Health Centers is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 53 years. Park DuValle Community Health Centers strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
Job Skills / Requirements
Provides specialized nursing services in the Women's Health. Considerable medical judgment is required to determine the appropriate procedure within scope of practice. The Nurse Practitioner requires an advanced level of competency in nursing through additional education or training as well as a Nurse Practitioner's license and prescriptive privileges. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer who reviews work routinely.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- To provide medical care according to the statutes of the Commonwealth, under the preceptorship of the Chief Medical Officer, and the policies of the Health Center.
- Complete understanding of patient rights and an absolute commitment to the maintenance of confidentiality of all medical information concerning patients.
- Obtains and records client's health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment (including biological, social and psychological needs) as part of a total physical examination.
- Diagnoses, treats and plans appropriate health care for clients in pediatrics and primary care as appropriate for specialists; refers clients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required.
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty.
- Performs laboratory procedures and interprets lab test results.
- Provides case management services for select clients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all patients treated, using the problem oriented medical record technique, where applicable, and the diagnostic problem list in electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Attend Continuing Education courses.
- Participate in Quality Assurance program of the Center.
Education Requirements (Any)
Successful completion of an accredited program in advanced nursing practice; BSN/MSN
Certification Requirements (All)
APRN Kentucky License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO)
This job reports to the Chief Medical Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 2