Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
PDCHC offers, primary care for adults and children, women's health and behavioral health services, dental, WIC and Nutrition, insurance enrollment, lab, pharmacy and radiology services, transportation, exercise classes, and other enabling services.
Job Skills / Requirements
** This Position Requires LOCAL Travel
At Park DuValle Community Health Center the Phlebotomists gather blood or urine samples from patients. They work closely with other Phlebotomists, Nurses, MA, and Physicians and interact with patients and retrieve samples for further analysis. May also be responsible for assisting Laboratory Technicians in organizing and testing lab samples. Must have compassion for others and a personable nature.
- Ability to successfully draw blood from patients with minimal or no complications
- Empathy and interpersonal skills for working with patients
- Detail-oriented and committed to ensuring patient confidentiality
- Excellent motor skills and the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have own reliable transportation
Other duties include, but aren't limited to:
- Local travel to all PDCHC locations as needed.
- Drawing patient blood and logging results
- Prepare specimens for pick up by reference labs
- Train students and interns to perform phlebotomy tasks
- Perform CLIA Waived and laboratory tests
- Other LAB duties as assigned
Education Requirements (Any)
Certified Medical Lab Technician
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Certification Requirements (Any)
Professional certification in phlebotomy from a recognized program
Certified Medical Assistant
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, * bi-weekly PTO Accrual
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1