Park DuValle Community Health Center invests in training and development in a big way, if you are looking for a way to create an impactful career, build your future, as well as service your community; PDCHC is the place for you!
Park DuValle Community Health Center is a 501c3 non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served the local community for over 50 years. Park DuValle Community Health Center strives to adhere to the highest quality standards of patient care, regardless of patients’ insurance status or ability to pay. Employees of Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc. are deemed to be federal employees qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
PDCHC offers primary care for adults and children, women's health, behavioral health services, dental, WIC and Nutrition, insurance enrollment, lab, pharmacy and radiology services, transportation, exercise classes, and other enabling services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Park DuValle Community Health Center is an amazing place to work if you love to aid and service your community!
Job Skills / Requirements
Park DuValle Community Health Center Registration Clerks ensure that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
Distributes and explains forms, documents, and educational handouts to patients or family members.
Communicates with nursing unit staff, and/or other appropriate personnel regarding admission to exchange necessary information and determine placement.
Verifies insurance benefits and obtains precertification/authorization as necessary.
Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
*The ability to multitask is a must*
Must have pleasant demeanor and a welcoming disposition!
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Greeting new and returning patients seeking services, professionally with a positive attitude.
- Answering multiline phones/ rerouting calls if necessary
- Collecting and verifying patient identification information/ making appropriate updates as necessary.
- Entering patient information into the EHR system.
- Scheduling patients for appointments
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Preferred
2 + years of Customer Service, preferably in a healthcare setting
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
** Cashier/Cash handling background is a STRONG PLUS **
- Informational: Knowledge of the PDCHC system; of the registration process; of patient repayment plans and requirements; of PDCHC policies and procedures; of PDCHC staff, structure and programs; of data entry techniques; of patient codes; of interpreter resources and access process.
- Interpersonal: Capable of asking question; of being civil; of handling stress and of being a calming influence; of being direct and of explaining registration requirements to patients; of using the supervisor; of making referrals to the supervisor, security and cashiers; of maintaining confidentiality.
- Intellectual: Able to cope with computer-related issues and move to using hard copies when necessary; to be flexible when faced with loss of electricity or other disturbances; to maintain routines and adapt as needed; to know when to consult with the supervisor; to handle money and be accountable at the close of the day; to fill-in for others in the registration area when needed.
Education Requirements (Any)
High school graduate or Equivalent (GED) and completion of a medical coding certificate program
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 3