Whip Mix Corporation is a Louisville based developer and manufacture of Dental Lab and Office Supplies and equipment. Headquartered in Louisville KY with a manufacturing facility in Ft. Collins, CO, we sell and service equipment globally.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Directs and coordinates Information Services resources for the Corporation, Plans, Controls IS budget, and yearly goals. Mentors staff, plans training and Team Member development to meet departmental goals and budgeting. Manages administration and control of software licensing, renewals and purchases
- Plans/Budgets/Controls network infrastructure to include Networking, Unified Communications (phone/messaging), desktop devices and printing, Security, Firewall, Antivirus and Backup Plans.
- Negotiates and controls IS related Vendor Contracts, licensing, and partnerships
- Manages administration and support of ERP and related Business Systems including EDI, Scanning Systems and Report Writing, and assists efforts in departments to troubleshoot, customize and train as appropriate or to schedule resources or partners to assist
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Plans, organizes, administers, supervises, and evaluates the work of the department. Determines and analyzes the most significant tasks facing the department.
Manages the systems development, technical support and operations of the corporate network and information systems, Responds to and assigns resources as appropriate to assists departmental efforts to improve and troubleshoot business systems and ensure strong network security and operations.
Management of IS Vendors, IS purchasing , contracts and licensing
Initiates and recommends hardware and software purchases, prepares and administers the department budget
Performs other function or duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Ability to apply overall knowledge, skills and abilities in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of General networking to include LAN,WAN, MPLS, web filters, firewalls, Antivirus
- Knowledge of virtualization and server systems (VMware, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Terminal Services)
- Knowledge of backup systems and ability to plan for and manage risk for disaster recovery (VEEAM)
- Knowledge of desktop applications and systems (Microsoft Office365, Antivirus)
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Teams and softphone systems (Phone/messaging/meeting)
- Skilled in maintenance, support and development of manufacturing ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365 Finance and Operations)
- Knowledge of IT strategic planning, general management, supervisory principles and techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate, including preparing budgets and prioritizing resources.
- Knowledge of SQL database management and SQL Query writing.
- Knowledge of Business Analytics , SSAS, SSRS, Power-BI
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
Summary Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of 7 years information technology experience
Typical office environment; Will also spend time in manufacturing plant environment; Occasional ground and air travel for training and support of offsite facilities
Education Requirements (Any)
BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
Additional Information / Benefits
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a medical/HSA, dental , vision, company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k Profit Sharing Plan.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the CFO
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1