Security Engineers is actively seeking an Assistant Operations Manager interested in a career in the private security industry. We are looking for an individual with integrity and a strong work ethic that wants to be part of and work in a team environment. As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within, so to achieve your goals of a career in the security service field, Security Engineers is the place to be.
The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with all supervisory, training and operations functions within the Birmingham area. Effective staffing decisions, training of new officers, interviewing and on-boarding new employees, supporting the scheduling of security officers within assigned geographic footprint, assisting Field/Site Supervisors, and participating/maintaining overall Security Engineers ‘Operational Excellence’ and local/client specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Responsible for ensuring exceptional customer and account manager services to our client. Support ‘Account Solutions’ in growing the market share within operating territory.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
· Responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with all supervisory, training and operations functions within the Birmingham area in accordance with established post orders, client instructions and following all internal procedures.
· Supports with the coordination of all aspects (technical and supervisory) of executing the client contract with the assigned geographical footprint. Assists Operations Manager as supervisory contact for field/site supervisors or security professionals, regarding performance, operations and department needs. Responsible for assisting in coaching, training and evaluating the work performance of security professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments.
· Maintains Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated. Ensures Posts are properly maintained, cleaned and organized based upon client and internal standards of excellence.
· Aid in conducting interviews and evaluating new employees. Oversees on-the-job training, in coordination with Field/Site Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or with changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs.
· Oversight of all reports, logs and pass downs generated by and for the assigned geographic footprint. Distributes communications and other information to Security Professionals as directed; may generate work orders and attached paperwork for extra security coverage requests.
· Responds to minor incidents (internal to Security Professionals and/or external to clients within area) that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
· Identifies any personnel/client problems occurring at territory, such payroll/billing issues, employee/client relations complaints or other concerns, forwards and informs Operations Manager or other leadership as appropriate. May be respo
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certification Requirements (Any)
Able to obtain any & all security certifications/licenses
Additional Information / Benefits
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, holiday and paid time off benefits.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position See Job Description.
Number of Openings for this position: 1