Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
QBS is seeking a Senior Manager to join our Sales and Financial Analytics team!
The position requires the following, non-negotiable characteristics:
- Precision and accuracy in the performance of all duties.
- Direct, articulate and succinct communication style, both verbal and written.
- Mastery of organizational skills, including management of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
- Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
- Self-discipline to always conduct oneself with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
RFP and Bid Preparation Process
- Review all incoming RFPs and manage all pricing related activities
- Ensure proper coordination with sales executives regarding proposed staffing levels, pricing assumptions and strategy
- Model labor and other pricing for all bids
- Prepare presentation and attend prospective client meetings and present pricing proposals.
- Communicate with prospective clients regarding their questions related to pricing proposals.
Budget Management and Reporting
- Manage all aspects of budgeting at every location for the Security and Janitorial divisions. Monitor the actual payroll and compare to the budgeted hours for each location.
- Adjust budgets based on sales activities, changes in operations and other factors. Provide budget to actual reporting to upper management with clear understanding of underlying causes of variances.
- Develop and manage budgeting tools for the Window Cleaning and Metal/Marble divisions. Ensure the schedule of tasks matches payroll and provide reporting on variances.
Base Building Accounts and Contract Management
- Review contracts on the newly acquired locations. Ensure all contracts are current and monitor contract expiration dates.
- Track key contract provisions and ensure information is distributed to appropriate departments. Track compliance related contract provisions and ensure QBS/QPS complies with all contract provisions.
- Monitor move in / out activities and calculate billing adjustments for applicable accounts.
- Review the Base Building Sales Authorizations / Cancellations and ensure the billing reflects contractually agreed upon pricing and scope.
- Manage annual contract escalations and ensure escalation compliance with contracts.
Reporting and Analytics
- Design and implement custom reporting for all departments utilizing excel and SAP business intelligence tools
- Prepare pricing analytics of current locations
- Address clients’ questions, requests for information and requests for additional items:
- Yearly budgets requests
- Pricing inquires
- Staffing inquires
- Scope inquires
- Other requests
Prospect Tracking Process
- Ensure all prospects are properly aggregated, organized and assigned to appropriate personnel
- Conduct periodic meetings with sales executives regarding updates and requests to their prospect pools
- Meet with management regarding approval of prospects
- Perform conflict check on new prospects
Ad Hoc Projects
- Ad hoc projects and analysis related to current locations, contracts, budgets, personnel scheduling, etc.
- Create reports and reports templates related to new projects and initiatives.
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Building/Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the MM
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1