Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Manages and oversees all aspects of payroll and scheduling for the assigned portfolio.
· Reviews and performs payroll audits and serves as a primary point of contact for questions about payment policies and procedures.
· Reconcile regular payroll information on a weekly basis, as well as bonuses and off-cycle checks when necessary, for each employee in the assigned portfolio.
· Monitors budgeted hours vs. additional hours and additional scope.
· Codes hours under appropriate categories – straight time, overtime building coverage, and overtime due to work orders/additional services.
· Collects, enters, verifies, and manages employee data, calculates wages, prepares payroll, and tracks time off.
· Reviews calculated wages, exemptions, insurance coverages, deductions, and adjustments to ensure accuracy of payroll.
· Collects timesheet data and payroll information to verify timesheets and hours.
· Performs weekly overtime audits.
· Remains current on all payroll-related trends, specifically government reporting and changes in federal, state and local tax regulations.
· Maintains accurate records and documentation.
· Prepares periodic payroll reports for review by management.
· Responds to questions regarding pay policies and procedures.
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Building/Protection Services, a WBE, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the MM
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1