Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
QPS is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Manager of Hospitality Training to join our team. The Manager of Hospitality Training will develop, implement, and oversee company - wide training and initiatives to create a world class concierge/hospitality program within the company. The position will create and implement an in-house certification program for select employees performing concierge, lobby ambassadors, way finder or security officer roles. Additionally, this position will develop both scalable and customized training content related to hospitality and be responsible for either conducting in-person or remote (video) training of these topics.
The position requires the following, non-negotiable characteristics:
- Precision and accuracy in the performance of all duties.
- Direct, articulate, and succinct communication style, both verbal and written.
- Mastery of organizational skills, including management of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
- Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
- Self-discipline to always conduct oneself with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability, and accountability.
- Must have a passion to execute the training of hospitality and ensuring exceptional customer experiences.
- Must leverage technology intelligently.
- Must be resourceful and take initiative in accomplishing tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in amenity space or hospitality roles
- Knowledge of current hospitality industry trends
- Strong PowerPoint skills required.
- Demonstrate a track record of aligning learning strategies and programs to business strategy and able to realize measurable business impact.
- Possess strong facilitator skills and have the ability to deliver concise messages.
- Coaching skills and strong personal influence and comfortable interacting with all levels of employees and customers.
- Must be creative and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strive to frequently exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Oversee the hospitality training program for all concierge, lobby ambassador and key security team members including assessment and development of content as well as method and manner of delivery:
- Create and implement a hospitality certification program.
- Ensure new hire hospitality training is relevant, topical, and effective and institute best practices for delivery and content.
- Improve or develop tools to track all training.
- Consistently assess, improve, and implement processes to support, maintain, update, and publish aforementioned information.
- Regularly meet with supervisors and managers to determine trends requiring hospitality training and develop appropriate training topics.
- Leverage the company’s Learning Management System for delivery of training to multiple locations that are operational 365 days per year, 24 hours per day.
- Assessment and recommendations of new and existing systems
- Become the team’s subject matter expert for hospitality related matters.
- Evaluate a candidate’s or employee’s soft skills, attitude, emotional intelligence, and judgement through scenarios typically encountered by staff.
- Lead the recruiting program for the security team and work in conjunction with Human Resources by:
- Assess and recommend new hire recruiting tactics including but not limited to on-line services, printed media (newspapers), Fraternal Groups, Professional Organizations, etc.
- Assess and recommend new hire interview tactics and processes.
- Determine the appropriateness and effectiveness of candidate scoring and testing and if approved, implement such processes.
- Be cognizant of costs in the delivery of all training including overtime and other personnel expenses.
- Recommend hospitality strategies and objectives.
- Prepare reports as directed or required.
- As needed or directed, attend meetings at customer locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the RS
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1