Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
QBS is Seeking a Business Development Manager!
The Business Development Manager is responsible for: developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans and successful execution of these strategies; building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships as customer retention is a key goal at QBS; developing and executing strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expanding our customer base; partnering with customers to understand their business needs and objectives; and effectively communicating our value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Assist & support House and all sales teams
- Follow up on House leads and entertain prospective clients as necessary
- Create and follow up own leads
- Cultivate new leads by promoting diversity and inclusion in QBS
- Be an active vocal DEIA member and represent QBS in the Facilities Management Industry accordingly
QBS Prospects and Bids
- Review all incoming RFPs for security and facilities maintenance services with the sales teams and manage all pricing related activities
- Ensure proper coordination with Sales Managers regarding proposed staffing levels, pricing assumptions and strategy
- Put together pricing for all RFPs for multiple contract years
- Prepare and assist with presentations and attend prospective client meetings and present pricing proposals
- Communicate with prospective clients regarding their questions related to pricing proposals
- Follow up on levelling, document queries, review and maintain various spreadsheets
- Attend walkthroughs & meetings
- Prepare and assist with bids, communication, pricing, productivity
- Attend presentations
Diversity & Inclusion
- Directing organization-wide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) efforts
- Identify and partner with external experts and organizations to maximize the impact of our DEIA work across the organization,
- Serving as a primary advisor on various programs and events.
- Be a consistent voice of diversity and inclusion during key culture moments
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Building Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
This job reports to the MM
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1