Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
QBS is Seeking an Affordable Housing Recruiter!
The Recruiter will be responsible for sourcing, screening, hiring, and onboarding candidates for all positions throughout the company with a special focus on Affordable Housing positions (Cleaners!)
• Develop recruiting strategies to create a recurring stream of qualified candidates to meet the company’s hiring needs
• Responsible for full-life cycle recruitment process: sourcing, screening, and recruiting, on-boarding, verifying new hire paperwork, follow-up/new employee engagement. • Regularly partner and communicate with operational managers to ensure recruitments are met and to anticipate demands and requirements.
• Be aware of and respond to incidents and issues that may impact recruiting such as new laws, requirements, industry trends, etc.
• Be aware of and recommend recruitment sources including media, schools, community organizations, etc. while maintaining company standards.
• Coordinate, schedule, and lead hiring events
• Proactively source and recruit potential cleaning candidates and security candidates by researching and contacting various job board sites, internet sites, schools, community outreach, agencies, etc. • Interview/screen candidates to ensure they meet standards for the position, including necessary certifications, licenses, skill sets, experience, etc.
• Implement all on-boarding procedures and ensure compliance with forms; assist with license verification and tracking as applicable.
• Provide on boarding training as required or directed and provide feedback on content and media utilized.
• Maintain detailed tracking of all sourcing, recruiting, hiring, follow-up activities.
• Review existing hiring and interviewing practices and make recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Interact with new employees as it pertains to employee engagement
• Discuss and track concerns/issues voiced by applicants or new hires with management
• Create a “Life-Cycle” project for every new vacation replacement and track their whereabouts
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the HR & Risk Manager. Experience/Education:
• 3-5 years’ prior experience recruiting in a fast-paced, high-volume environment preferred.
• Experience in creating and executing strategies and plans to achieve objectives.
• Ability to interact successfully in unfamiliar or new environments to accomplish hiring goals.
• Energetic, with the ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
• Able to work independently and be self-directed, but also take direction from all levels of managers.
• Comfortable with utilizing technology to create quality and relevant reports and statistics • Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office suite including strong Excel skills • Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and multi-task
• Organizational skills are a priority.
• Ability to “read” people during interviews and screenings and determine appropriate fit for the job(s) sought by the applicant
• Prior experience working in a facilities/security services industry preferred
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Building/Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
This job reports to the VP of HR
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1