Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
The ideal candidate must be analytical, self-motivated, assertive, methodical, goal oriented, and a team player. They must possess a strong, professional work ethic as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The position is expected to exercise appropriate discretion and independent judgment, comfortable working within a dynamic, ever changing, and challenging environment.
QBS seeks a self-organized professional to help ensure that daily and other periodic tasks in the organization are completed to the company’s satisfaction demonstrating commitment to ethical business practices and confidentiality of appropriate matters.
The position, as is true with all QBS employees, requires an ability to be precise and accurate in identifying issues and concerns relating to the job duties, succinctly and accurately communicate those issues and concerns through the appropriate channels and develop well thought out and practical solutions. In all responsibilities, the individual in this position must conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Take precise notes during team meetings, recap the directions/instructions, documents and e-mails discussed, particularly with respect to the scope and deadlines of tasks.
- Regular follow-up (daily or weekly, as appropriate) to ensure that the tasks are meeting both scope and deadline requirements.
- Keep agendas and minutes for meetings and generate updates/reports based on feedback received by the Assistant to the President on pending projects.
- Follow-up with QCC Window Washing vendors and team members.
- Review reports with the President; generate updates/reports identifying compliance with/deviations from tasks, both as to scope and deadlines.
- Review compliance reports.
- Document new processes: review new processes with team members and identify any problems among team members with compliance.
- Working collaboratively with other administrative staff to schedule phone coverage, training, and miscellaneous data entry tasks.
- Keep up to date with the license requirements and training documents
- Keep records of trainings provided to Window Cleaning employees
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptionally organized with keen attention to detail with the ability to shift focus and priorities when necessary under pressure and within deadlines.
- Highly intelligent, flexible and self-reliant with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Managing day to day activities, time commitments and priorities as needed
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, with follow-through on projects to ensure successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Ability to organize and expedite flow of work, initiate quick follow-up action and perform duties with a great deal of latitude for independent judgement.
- Proactive team player who can handle multiple assignments with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, while reaching out within the organization to find solutions, anticipate the needs of the executives and function as a trusted partner.
- Emotional maturity, maintaining an even temperament in the most challenging and demanding environments
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently and with little direction
- Experience in the Window Cleaning industry or similar background a plus
- 3-5 years of compliance experience is highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Enhanced communication skills, including face-to-face interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to take clear direction.
- Ability to articulate verbally and in writing with detailed accuracy.
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Building Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the MM
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1