Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
Fire Life Safety Director
- Monitoring and operation of the fire alarm and elevator system panels.
- Serve as primary point of contact for First Responders (FDNY/NYPD) for fire, non-fire, medical emergencies and elevator entrapments.
- Work closely with property management, security and building engineering staff.… Ability to evaluate various incidents and take appropriate action.
- Make clear and articulate public-address announcements, as required. ·
- Perform facility safety inspections and testing including monthly fire extinguisher and elevator fire service. ·
- Plan fire and non-fire drills as per code. Update floor warden and brigade teams as needed.
- In addition, assist with monitoring access control systems including turnstiles, cameras, loading dock.
- Screen visitors, guests, contractors and delivery personnel and issue passes to authorized individuals.
- Prepare incident reports and escalate serious issues to manager(s)as per protocol.
- Assist with Security Officer coverage as required
Certification Requirements (Any)
F-89, T-89, Z-89
Security Guard License
Additional Information / Benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, 401K/403b Plan
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends, Summers.