Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
[Enter Job Description Here]
Additional Information / Benefits
Director, Command Center is required to manage daily Command Center at a fast-growing security services company which provides Security Officers and Fire Safety Directors to class “A” commercial buildings, including corporate, retail, educational institutions and residential sites. Candidate must have the ability to multi-task and ensure all positions throughout portfolio are covered on a 24x7 basis. Ensure coordination of replacement personnel for absentees and vacations. Prepare data entry work orders to ensure all billable hours are properly recorded, manage payroll and overtime expenditures. Must have high level of competence and independence with Winteam. Communication, coordination and team work required daily with Account Managers, and Director of Security Operations.
The position requires the following, non-negotiable characteristics:
- Precision and accuracy in the performance of all duties.
- Direct, articulate and succinct communication style, both verbal and written.
- Mastery of organizational skills, including management of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
- Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
- Self-discipline to always conduct oneself with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
Job Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Ensure that all permanent open posts are covered.
- Create Work Orders for extra coverage requests, billable holidays and identify officer coverage.
- Ensure that Dispatchers have completed the review of working schedules and updated entries in WinTeam for the previous day and ensure accuracy
- Ensure and execute Vacation Calendars coordinating with the Account Managers
- Ensure and execute work schedules, approved time off and track all vacation reports
- Review holiday coverage needed with account managers Preferable experience with union and non-union entitlements to ensure that the pay out of sick, holiday and vacation paid time is accurate in working schedules.
- Review requisition tracker daily to ensure accuracy
- Communicate in real time scheduling changes, not only to Command Center personnel, but to Field Supervisors.
- Meet in person with the overnight dispatcher at beginning of the shift.
- Each day review the vacation schedule and ensure vacation coverage for following 14 days.
- Meet in person with the incoming 2nd shift dispatcher.
- Daily reports are to be submitted and reviewed in person with Director of Operations
- Review daily all Certificate of Fitness’ expiration dates and communicate with Officers regarding annual training and license renewals.
- Confirm accuracy of multiple Winteam reports daily before end of shift and review with the Director of Operations.
- 7+ years’ including management experience in the corporate security services industry
- 5+ years managing dispatching/scheduling of Security Officers
- Computer literate with proficiency in Office, WinTeam and other database.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work rotating and non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to train, mentor, command and discipline.
- Ability to point out mistakes
- Ability to take ownership of the dispatch team and unit 24/7
QPS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work a business schedule that may include working extended hours. Corporate buildings are open on weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, therefore accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QPS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, on call as required .
Number of Openings for this position: 1