Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
The ideal candidate must be analytical, self-motivated, assertive, methodical, goal oriented, and a team player. They must possess a strong, professional work ethic as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The position is expected to exercise appropriate discretion and independent judgment, comfortable working within a dynamic, ever changing, and challenging environment.
QBS seeks a self-organized professional to help ensure that daily and other periodic tasks in the organization are completed to the company’s satisfaction, demonstrating commitment to ethical business practices and confidentiality of appropriate matters.
The position, as is true with all QBS employees, requires an ability to be precise and accurate in identifying issues and concerns relating to the job duties, succinctly and accurately communicate those issues and concerns through the appropriate channels and develop well thought out and practical solutions. In all responsibilities, the individual in this position must conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Take precise notes during sales team meetings, recap the directions/instructions, documents and e-mails discussed, particularly with respect to the scope and deadlines of tasks.
- Regular follow-up (daily or weekly, as needed) to ensure that the tasks meet both scope and deadline requirements.
- Keep agendas and minutes for meetings and generate updates/reports
- Review reports with the Sales team; generate updates/reports identifying compliance with/deviations from tasks, both as to scope and deadlines.
- Regularly meet and communicate with team members to ensure projects remain on track.
- Document new processes: review new processes with team members and identify any problems among team members with compliance.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing dynamic and complex calendars of appointments/meetings; composing and preparing correspondence that is often highly confidential; arranging complex corporate meetings by developing itineraries and agendas. Review correspondence and communications; flag communications requiring attention or identifying the right person in the Company to respond.
- Facilitate communication between the sales and operations teams as necessary for scheduling, client complaints, and field supervisor coordination.
- Organize and prepare for weekly Sales Team meetings
- Perform data entry tasks including updating and up-keeping client accounts, leases, tenant visits, new tenant forms, building profiles and building takeovers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptionally organized with keen attention to detail with the ability to shift focus and priorities when necessary under pressure and within deadlines.
- Highly intelligent, flexible and self-reliant with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Advanced MS Office skills. Must be tech savvy.
- Managing day to day activities, time commitments and priorities as needed
- Ability to organize and expedite flow of work, initiate quick follow-up action and perform duties with a great deal of latitude for independent judgement.
- Proactive team player who can handle multiple assignments with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to appreciate the diverse needs of those you support and can flex to meet their varying needs while maintaining important standards across the team.
- Emotional maturity, maintaining an even temperament in the most challenging and demanding environments
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently and with little direction
- Experience in the Facilities Services industry or similar background a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Enhanced communication skills, including face-to-face interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to adapt and adjust to unexpected circumstances.
- Must have the ability to take clear direction.
- Ability to articulate verbally and in writing with detailed accuracy.
The position requires the following, non-negotiable characteristics:
- Precision and accuracy in the performance of all duties.
- Direct, articulate and succinct communication style, both verbal and written.
- Mastery of organizational skills, including management of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
- Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
- Self-discipline to always conduct oneself with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
Quality Building Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Sales
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1