Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
QPS is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Lead Security Area Manager to join our team. Duties will include but not limited to regular field site visits, evaluate, coach and mentor, provide clear direction, take corrective action to ensure professional performance by Area Managers and all security personnel. Take corrective disciplinary action when required. Develop and maintain positive relationships with client(s). Review work shift assignments to ensure personnel coverage is appropriately assigned. Communicate with senior management team to ensure post coverage is properly assigned. Address and correct issues as they arise. Respond to emergency incidents, coordinate with First Responders, Property Management and Building engineering teams as needed. Escalate incidents as per protocols.
The position requires the following, non-negotiable characteristics:
• Precision and accuracy in the performance of all duties.
• Direct, articulate and succinct communication style, both verbal and written.
• Mastery of organizational skills, including management of multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
• Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
• Self-discipline to always conduct oneself with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
• Supervisory experience within a class “A” corporate environment
• Professional appearance, demeanor and interpersonal skills
• Clear communication with Area Managers, Security Officers, Clients and Managers both verbal and written
• Flexibility to perform coverage as needed including overnights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to multi-task, think on your feet, prepare incident reports, follow escalation protocol.
• Must be proficiently experienced with training and managing subordinates including taking disciplinary actions
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients
• Ability to drive company vehicle during certain shifts (Evening & overnights)
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work in a multi-faceted and fast paced environment
• Ability to follow directions and be in line with change of directions at all times
• Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
• Flexibility with work hours and workdays is highly preferred
• Recently retired from law enforcement (possibly within the last 5 years) Military experience
• Fire-fighting or public safety emergency response
• First line supervisory skills
• NYS Security Guard license (preferred)
• FDNY – Fireguard for impairment F-01 certification within 30 days of hire
• Valid driver's license
Additional Information / Benefits
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Senior Vice President & Security Operations
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1