Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
QBS is looking for an experienced and motivated Area Manager to join our team. The Area Manager will be responsible for overseeing QBS’ facilities maintenance operations at a portfolio of its clients’ residential properties. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about facilities maintenance in the residential real estate industry, have a strong work ethic, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to professionalism, customer service and collegiality in order to provide the best services to QBS’ clients.
The position requires the following, non-negotiable characteristics:
• Precision and accuracy in the performance of all duties.
• Direct, articulate and succinct communication style, both verbal and written.
• Mastery of organizational skills, including management of multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
• Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
• Self-discipline to always conduct oneself with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for operational management of assigned residential sites within the portfolio.
• Communicate and provide daily reports to the Supervisor and operational support team.
• Ensure that daily operations at assigned locations run efficiently and effectively.
• Understand and monitor the scope of work and daily employee assignments for each location.
• Track employee hours, paid time off, bereavement leave, jury duty, training days, personal/clinic days and other time off and coordinate with Payroll/Scheduling.
• Review and approve time reports prior to submission to Payroll to ensure that there are no errors.
• Create and review employee schedules to ensure proper coverage at assigned locations.
• Coordinate and track replacement coverage at assigned locations.
• Coordinate additional services/work orders at assigned locations and verify and report completion to the Supervisor.
• Maintain current inventory of supplies, equipment, PPE, etc. at assigned locations, prepare orders for any additional supplies, equipment, and PPE, ensure delivery to the correct locations, and ensure invoices for any orders are accurate and timely billed to the proper parties.
• Manage onsite staff operations to ensure that QBS’ standards are being maintained across all assigned locations.
• Conduct daily planned and/or unannounced field visits at assigned locations for inspections, as well as on an as needed basis.
• Conduct quality inspections of each assigned building both during and after staff’s regular working hours. Document and report any deficiencies to the Supervisor.
• Escalate disciplinary issues to the Supervisor and Human Resources. Take action as instructed, including by issuing verbal and written warnings.
• Attend all mandatory staff meetings (i.e., report to office and then to field).
• Track and report any client complaints to the Supervisor.
• Oversee safety compliance at assigned locations, conduct training of employees, and report any safety issues to the Supervisor.
• Promptly respond to and report any emergencies to the Supervisor.
• Provide reports regarding emergencies, safety, and compliance to the Supervisor.
• Ensure compliance and adherence to building rules and regulations.
• Provide weekly vehicle report to Supervisor, which includes mileage, fuel receipts, and condition of QBS’ vehicle. Report any damage to the vehicle immediately to the Supervisor.
• Track and report any and all violations pertaining to affordable housing, such as from HPD, CVR, HQS, and to annual apartment inspections.
• Responsible for the readiness of property REAC inspections.
• Oversee vacancy turnover.
• Review all invoices.
• Have knowledge with Yardi – Voger.
• Manage all ownership walkthroughs.
• Must be reachable at all times via QBS-issued cell phone and readily available to work in-person 24x7.
Additional Information / Benefits
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events.
If notified by QBS that this is a requirement of the position, accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
QBS is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space and residential properties are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Quality Building Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Area Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1