Quality Building Services (QBS) is a client-responsive firm dedicated to providing premium cleaning, maintenance, restoration, security and specialty services throughout the New York Metropolitan area. Each day, QBS ensures over 30 million square feet of Class A Manhattan office space are maintained to exceptional standards. Security services are offered through our sister company, Quality Protection Services.
Job Skills / Requirements
At designated properties, the Account Manager is the primary contact with the customer and responsible for maintaining QBS’s client relationship. The Account Manager must ensure that service is delivered in a manner that meets QBS’s standards, the expectations of our clients as well as the terms of our contracts. The primary function of the Account Manager is to service existing clients. It is essential that the Account Manager ensure that the client is receiving the required level of services, maintain/grow the client relationship and identify/implement opportunities to improve client satisfaction.
The position, as is true with all QBS employees, requires an ability to be precise and accurate in identifying issues and concerns relating to the job duties, succinctly and accurately communicate those issues and concerns through the appropriate channels and develop well thought out and practical solutions. In all responsibilities, the individual in this position must conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism, integrity, reliability and accountability.
· Develop and retain relationships with our customers and provide unique and memorable customer experiences.
· Maximize company sales growth and profitability through use of creative selling skills, teamwork and customer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
· Actively listen to and engage customers, using appropriate selling skills to match the customer's needs, and ensure their decisions build long-term relationships.
· Prepare and assist with bids as well as all communications in the pricing stage.
· Organize for weekly sales meetings, including status of proposals for prior week (i.e., pending, declined or closed).
· Motivate self to stay accountable to individual sales and service goals, as determined by management.
· Maintain strong relationships with existing customers with the utmost of integrity, as well as prospect for new customers.
· Foster open and constructive communication with team members, being always collaborative and proposing effective solutions.
· Communicate with property managers and QBS office regarding construction cleanup and each tenant move-in.
· Ensure all tenant information is consistently updated.
· Maintain consistent follow up with leads.
· Must have industry experience
· Proven experience in a similar role.
· Proven ability to drive results and a lasting commitment to excellence.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Personal integrity and the ability to foster client relationships.
· Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
· Enhanced communication skills.
· Strategic vision in order to develop the business and high level of personal performance.
· Highly enthusiastic, analytical, methodical and disciplined in nature.
· Must be able to adapt and adjust to unexpected circumstances.
· Must have ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
· Must exhibit best practices to ensure consistency and avoid unnecessary duplications.
· Ability to take clear direction and adapt to developing circumstances.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel.
· Salesforce experience is a plus.
· Ability to articulate verbally and in writing with detailed accuracy.
· Strong writing ability. A writing sample is required for consideration.
Additional Information / Benefits
QBS maintains operations 24/7/365 and is an “essential business” in the New York area. We work during normal times as well as when other businesses may be closed down. The position requires flexibility and an ability to work whatever schedule and hours are deemed necessary to efficiently accomplish the work and service our clients, which may include working extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or during emergency situations, such as natural disasters (storms, including but not limited to rain, wind, snow and ice, floods, power outages, fires, earthquakes, etc.), public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, government-declared states of emergency, labor strikes, and force majeure events. Accessibility to answer questions by email or phone during off hours in accordance with QBS’ policies is expected. The ability to work this schedule is an essential function of the job.
Quality Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Director of Account Management
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1