We at Genesis Security strive to provide our clients with the highest quality professional security in the industry .
Job Skills / Requirements
Flaggers are the people on construction sites who control traffic. They are the men and women along roads and highways who help traffic keep flowing through a construction zone, despite a shutdown of lanes. Flaggers often work in teams, with each person controlling the flow of traffic in a certain direction. Flaggers need to stand on their feet for long periods of time and understand how to control traffic to the best of their ability. Flaggers may put out traffic cones and use signs and hand signals to communicate with motorists. Flaggers need to be confident enough to stand in front of cars, sometimes in blazing heat, sometimes in the middle of the night, to make sure that traffic is no more snarled than it has to be. And if motorists do not obey the signs, flaggers may record license plates to report to the police.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discuss traffic routing plans, type and location of control points with supervisor.
- Daily attendance.
- Follow all policies and procedures and meet all performance goals.
- Distribute traffic control signs and markers along site in designated pattern.
- Direct movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand, and flag signals.
- Warn construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Inform drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
- Record license number of traffic control violators for police.
- Give hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic for Flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for reverse flow of traffic.
- Observe safety and security procedures; determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This job reports to the Director of Traffic Control
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 5