Guardteck is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows with us. Come be a part of our team and grow with us. #securitywithperks
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing and experienced security guard for Friday and Saturday 4-hour evening shifts happening in Abbotsford, BC.
You will work closely with another team member, patrolling the site, scanning points, writing reports, following policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
- Valid British Columbia security license
- Exterior & Interior visible patrols that require you to stand for long periods of time (4 hours).
- Enforcing the venue's policies to ensure a safe and welcoming, family friendly environment
- Strong customer service and verbal de-escalation skills, with previous experience, considered a strong asset.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written
- Comfortable working with a team
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Professional approach to role; acting in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
- Must be a team player, honest, and reliable
This is a Part-Time position Weekends.