Guardteck is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows with us. Come be a part of our team and grow with us. #securitywithperks
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing, and experienced Control Room Operators to join a High-Profile Security Team in the Lower Mainland.
This is a full-time position with shifts happening afternoons and weekends (1500-2300)
The Control Room Operator will monitor the various security systems and applications from an advanced security office on site. This role will also work to dispatch resources as needed. The Control Room Operator will also be responsible for intake, triage and escalate all types of incidents reported to the centre, with the assistance of the Supervisor. The Operator will also be responsible for documentation and data entry, monitoring various emergency systems and responding to e-mails and telephone calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor security and fire systems; including but not limited to the access control and CCTV Systems and fire panel/Fireworks systems
- Receive notifications of security incidents and issues from all departments
- Relay notifications of incidents, issues etc. to the appropriate departments
- Dispatch security officers to investigate alarms and respond to incidents, escalate as procedures states and to the best of own judgement (Liaising with Supervisor)
- Notify emergency services to ensure services have immediate access to location
- Monitor the performance of security system elements and report deficiencies to Security Supervisor
- Track the location and activities of all security officers assigned to their shift
- Communicates with Supervisory team any concerns and process improvement ideas or other opportunities for improvement to the team.
- Performs other duties as required
Skills & Qualification Requirements:
- Valid BC Security License
- Security Monitoring experience: Minimum of 1 year experience as security operations center operator or security desk monitoring officer in executive or high-profile corporate buildings.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication capabilities and capable of accurately capturing and relaying information
- Communication Skills: Able to critically think and multitask at a high level.
- Able to keep a calm, cool and professional demeanour at all times especially during emergency situations.
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Computer literacy: Minimum of intermediate level competency with Windows-based computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) software.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance