Guardteck is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows with us. Come be a part of our team and grow with us. #securitywithperks
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing and experienced security personnel for FULL TIME, static security positions happening in North Vancouver, BC.
Join a team that takes pride in their work, always welcomes new staff, and continually get to enjoy meeting new people in an exciting environment!
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
- Valid British Columbia security license
- 2 years of Shopping Center Security Experience
- Must be familiar with handling vagrants and intoxicated persons
- Must be confident in verbal conflict de-escalation
- AST Recommended
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Top-notch customer service, with previous experience, considered a strong asset
- Professional approach to role; acting in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
- Able to patrol and stand for long periods of time
- Comfortable working alone or with a diverse team
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Flexible availability (afternoon & weekend shifts)
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Class 5 driver's license is an asset but is not mandatory
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift.