Guardteck is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows with us. Come be a part of our team and grow with us. #securitywithperks
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing and experienced Security Supervisor in Surrey, Monday to Friday – 0700 – 1500.
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
- Assist with all security operations.
- Lead the team of the security professionals.
- Ensure the site-specific operation procedures are up to date.
- Ensure tasks are completed in an efficient manner.
- Audit security work and interactions with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively mentor and train employees and provide regular feedback.
- Assist with employee rewards and appreciation program.
- Help manage scheduling.
- Operate applicable software and on-site equipment.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Communicate with the operations manager.
- Exercise good judgment and make decisions that benefit the customer and the property.
- Become part of the team and make yourself a key part of the customer’s success.
- Valid BC security license
- Valid Class 5 drivers license an asset
- 1+ year(s) of non-violence intervention experience
- At least 2 years of security experience with prior supervisory experience an asset
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Top notch customer service, with previous experience, considered a strong asset
- Professional approach to role; acting in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
- Physically fit
- Comfortable working alone or with a diverse team
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Flexible availability (days, evenings, overnight & weekend shifts)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.