Guardteck is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows with us. Come be a part of our team and grow with us. #securitywithperks
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing, and experienced security personnel for security positions happening in Surrey, BC.
You will be responsible for patrolling the site, scanning points, writing reports, and following policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
- Valid British Columbia security license
- Excellent customer service skills, with previous experience considered a strong asset
- Comfortable working with a team
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Desk duties, including, but not limited to greeting customers, answering telephone calls, monitoring CCTV, monitoring alarms, and access control
- Professional approach to role; acting in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
- Emergency response duties, including, but not limited to fire alarms, medical emergencies, and bomb threats
- Frequent patrols of the complex and grounds
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
- Must be a team player, honest, and reliable
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This is a Full and Part-Time position